See The Sea From Every Tee
What is GolfMark?
A national scheme that identifies and recognises junior and beginner friendly golf facilities
The three key areas within the golf club which are assessed are:
- Coaching & Playing
- Club Environment (including sports equity & ethics)
- Child Protection & Duty of Care
What does Golfmark Offer?
Benefits for Golf Clubs
- Recognition within the local community for the clubs' commitment to junior golf.
- Promotion via the England Golf website.
- Assistance and input from a County or Regional Development Officer.
- A focused plan for the development of the junior section.
- Opportunity to review and improve policies and procedures.
- Well coached, committed and educated juniors who may become adult members of the future.
- A safer and more enjoyable environment for junior golf to flourish.
- Greater understanding about junior activities within the club by adult members.
- Support & guidance from a County or Regional Development Officer through finding workshops, sharing best practice, reviewing current policies and procedures, writing child welfare documentation and much, much more.
Benefits for Golfers
- A structured environment in which to develop as a player and a person .
- A fun, enjoyable, welcoming environment.
- Access to appropriate levels of coaching and competition.
- To be part of a game that will teach them respect, social & life skills, discipline, honesty, integrity, motivation and much more.
- Creating a structured pathway into adult membership.
Benefits for Parents
- Junior friendly clubs can be easily identified, assisting parents, especially those who do not play golf.
- Reassurance that the needs of children have been thoroughly considered and addressed.
- A safe and organised environment for their children.
For further details, please refer to the Golfmark web site.