In light of the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK, the prime concern at Freshwater Bay Golf Club is always to safeguard the health and safety of its members and employees as much as possible. With this in mind, we would ask that you read and study the Club’s contingency plans below, to help us deal with this matter.
1. Should any member of the Club be diagnosed with COVID-19 or have any symptoms requiring self isolation, please could you telephone the Club as soon as possible on 01983 752 955 and advise us, confidentially, of this and whether you have been to the Club in the 14 days prior to being diagnosed.
2. If we receive confidential notice of this from any member, we will then advise all others at the Club both by email and club notices that someone has tested positive.
3. It is possible that, in light of infection information being provided by a member to the Club, the Clubhouse may have to be closed for a period of time to protect the well-being of other members and employees, and help avoid the potential further spread of the virus and also to deep clean the Clubhouse.
4. In this event we will, if at all possible, keep the golf course open so that members may still play golf. Please respect the advice not to shake hands, kiss or embrace as is traditional at the end of a game.
5. If we do have to close the Clubhouse for the reasons above, it could well be that competitions and club matches are affected. If the Clubhouse is closed, you should check with the Club Captain or appropriate team captain who will able to advise if scheduled competitions and matches are still able to take place.
Please refer to the gov.uk website for advice regarding Corona Virus
In the interests of the health of all our members and visitors please do not use the clubhouse if you have mild symptoms of the disease or if you have returned from abroad and been advised to self isolate.
Please be assured we will do everything we can to look after our members and employees, while also making sure you can continue to enjoy your time on the course.
Board of Directors FBGC